Looking for a quick and easy mid-week recipe for the family? Here’s a quick and easy answer for you! It goes with mashed potatoes, rice, cous cous – most of your standard dinner additions.
½ cup of plain flour
Salt and pepper (for seasoning)
8 chicken thighs
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 large brown onion, cut into quarters
2 garlic cloves, crushed
300ml BeaMade Foods Apricot Jam
1/3 cup of fresh parsley leaves
Rice, mashed potato or anything you’d like to pair with the Apricot Chicken
Deep frying pan
1. Get a flat bowl for coating the chicken in. Add the flour, salt and pepper to the bowl.
2. Trim up the chicken thighs, then coat them in the flour mixture and set aside.
3. Grab the fry pan and add a half the oil, heating to a medium heat. Brown the chicken in batches; should be about 2-3 minutes each side then set on a plate.
4. Add the other half of the oil to that same fry pan, then add the onion and garlic. Cook these until tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the BeaMade Foods Apricot Jam to the pan with the onion and garlic – this is going to boil down to become almost a glaze.
6. Add the chicken back into the pan, coating the chicken, onion and garlic evenly.
7. Continue to cook the chicken through in the sauce, turning occasionally to keep coating it. Should take about 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Add the chicken to the top of your rice, mash or otherwise, then sprinkle with the parsley.