It’s Mother’s Day coming up on Sunday the 13th of May and we at BeaMade Foods thought we’d bring you an easy breakfast to make Mum so you can surprise her with breakfast in bed. This is something you can do most of on your own, but at the end you’ll need a bit of adult support with the stove.
First let’s get all the ingredients ready. Grab them and measure them out into bowls or mugs. You’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Some extra butter for frying
- BeaMade Foods Strawberry Conserve
- A handful of blueberries
You’re also going to need these kitchen gadgets:
- Two big bowls
- Fry pan
- Ladle or big spoon
- Plate to serve on
Now that we’ve got everything out we’re ready to make some pancakes!
- Grab a bowl and put in the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Next, grab your whisk and mix them up. You’ll know it’s ready when the colour looks the same everywhere and there’s no lumps.
- In another bowl, add in the milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract. Again, whisk it all up until it looks the same.
- Time to mix them together! Add the wet stuff into the dry stuff; grab your whisk and mix it all together. Don’t stir it for too long though, only until it all looks wet and there’s no big lumps (little ones are ok).
- Time to get the adults. Adults, let’s grab the fry pan and put it over a medium heat. The heat is right when you throw a little water in the pan and it dances around and disappears.
- Once the heat is right, we need to melt some butter in the pan so it covers most of it. Don’t need much, it just makes sure the pancakes don’t stick.
- Kids, when the butter has melted, grab your ladle or spoon and make some pancake circles in the pan. Don’t make them too big, still need to flip them.
- Watch the pancakes carefully…when the edges start to lift or the pancake is bubbling it’s time to flip! You might need some adult help with this one so you don’t want to burn yourself on the fry pan – it’s really hot. Get your spatula under the pancake and flip it over. Give it another minute or until it’s looking brown underneath (you can peek) and put them on a plate.
- Once you’ve got your pancakes for Mum on a plate, put a good amount of BeaMade Food’s Strawberry Conserve, then grab your handful of blueberries and sprinkle them all over the plate.
Now, go wake Mum up and bring her in her breakfast with a big ‘Happy Mother’s Day!’. She will love it, we promise!